Save Energy for your Business
Our top 20 energy saving tips have been inspired by :
- Tablets, Laptops and such devices are much more efficient than desktop pcs, particularly when they are unplugged and allowed to discharge to zero.
- Hot desking and working from home are all great valid ways of saving energy and money.
- Sensors on taps, toilets, lights etc are affordable now and can save a fortune in bills.
- Use recycled and recycleable paper towels instrad of a hand-dryer.
- Use an automatic computer shutdown system to save energy.
- Turn off all lights in shared office building that are not used.
- Buy used and recycled goods where appropriate that can be as good as new but at a fraction of the cost
- Cut down on the print outs. There is almost always a way to view or manage documents without printing them out.
- Draft excluders are old school method of saving energy but they really work. Add to doors, windows and any other place where drafts are found.
- If its too hot – turn the thermostat down.
We hope you can use some or all of these tips and if you have your own, please send them in a comment below with your name and they will be published here if they are decent.
Watch out for more tips coming soon in 2013.