How to Become a Business Energy Broker
Many people know that becoming a business energy broker serving UK companies was once a highly lucrative enterprise. This is still the case but the way in which the broker must conduct themselves has changed dramatically.
Just after de-regulation, many chancers started commercial and business energy broker companies and sold cheap gas and electricity contracts to companies that were only too keen to jump on the rock bottom price bandwagon. Little did these establishments know that the dodgy brokers were only looking to take their cash and run.
We at Utility Renewals have been a premier broker for British Gas Business and E-ON Energy for a number of years now, in addition to working closely the with other main suppliers. As such we have attracted stacks of would-be sub brokers – some with potential and some simply wanting to make a fast buck. The best of the sub brokers are still working with us today. We have excellent relationships with them all and know how to support them to ensure that they succeed alongside us.
Start up check list
Should you wish to work as a sub-broker for Utility Renewals, you should be aware of the necessity of the following:
- A good customer data management system
- An automatic renewal reminder system to ensure that you know when the renewal window is in effect
- All customer data must be cleansed regularly and if it requires immediate cleansing, an accurate time frame of how long this will take
- A solid base of customers (leads not supplied from the chief business energy broker)
- A sound understanding of the industry
- A signed Letter of Authority required for ALL accounts
Still interested? Please fill in the form below, so we have enough information about you, your experience and your business plans to make an informed decision.